LAG has just announced details of its annual community care conference on 5 December 2014:
Social care law developments: waving or drowning?
EARLY BIRD OFFER EXTENDED TO 24 NOVEMBER: click here
Lady Hale will be delivering the keynote speech and the closing remarks are from Richard Gordon QC on Cheshire West.
Panel discussions on:
- The Care Act 2014 – good, bad or indifferent?
- Mental capacity and deprivation of liberty
- The new care landscape for adults who fail the eligibility hurdle and for carers
master classes in the following areas:
- Public law challenges for disabled children and families
- The future of paying for care
- Community care and people from abroad
- Human rights after McDonald v UK
- Accountability and access to public law remedies
- Best practice in health and welfare applications in the COP