Christopher Sallon QC, Jon Whitfield QC, Gemma Hobcraft, Amanda Hart, Nicole Ridgwell, Sue Sleeman, Eloise Power, Louise Price and Steve Broach
The authors are all members of Doughty Street Chambers professional discipline and regulatory team.
‘I have no doubt that this handbook is a necessary aid not only for practitioners but for all who are, or are likely to be, involved in regulatory proceedings. I am accordingly happy to commend it.’ Mr Justice Collins, from his foreword.
The regulation of professional discipline for healthcare professionals, commonly referred to as fitness to practise proceedings, is in a constant state of flux. This new book provides clear, practical guidance and advice for every stage of proceedings: how to prepare for a case, presentation at the hearing and coverage of broader issues such as mediation, abuse of process, appeals, judicial review and the Independent Safeguarding Authority.
Professional discipline and healthcare regulators provides:
- comprehensive coverage of the legal principles as they apply to major healthcare regulators;
- a step by step guide to practice and procedure with tips and tactics for both legal advisers and registrants;
- up to date coverage of case-law and the applicability of the European Convention on Human Rights;
- extensive cross-referencing enabling the busy practitioner to quickly navigate the relevant general legal principles and the specific rules of the individual healthcare regulators.
- general legal principles
- General Medical Council
- Nursing and Midwifery Council
- Health and Care Professions Council
- General Dental Council
- General Optical Council
- Linked litigation and cross cutting issues
- Independent Safeguarding Authority
To order click here